Re: multiple instances of a property

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 15:36:39 GMT
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 06:53:53AM -0800, David Hoare wrote:
> I want to use DC.creator meta tag as a property (metaname) to display in
> the search results page. As part of the display I want to make each of the
> DC.creator values from a document hyperlinked (to the search program) so a
> searcher can find more documents by that creator with one click.
> At the moment all the DC.creators are being displayed as one string.

Properties are concatenated on indexing.  So, you might need a
separator string.  I thought that was configurable in swish, but it's
not.  You would need to change the source.  Well, I guess that is
someone configurable then.

in docpro.c:

    if ( add_a_space )
        p->propValue[p->propLen++] = ' ';

So maybe use a different character to show them.  One warning:  I'm
not sure if that might get called more than once for very long

> So to clarify; for the document A.html in the header we have

So maybe modify those on indexing to something that's easy to split

    content="[Smith A.]"

> What I want for a search which returns a hit on A.html is something like
> href="swish.cgi?query="DC.creator=%2DJones%20B.%2D">Jones B</a>

You just have to figure out how to split the property and then build
the links for each token.

Help with Swish-e: