Re: Once again filename encoding problems - Macos-X Tiger

From: Thomas Nyman <thomas(at)not-real.teg.pp.se>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:31:48 GMT
Hi
Back again, and making some headway :)

I've discovered that MacOS-X filesystem stores files as UTF-8
(Normalized according to some),

Anyway, if i change the following setting in TempleteDefault  -  my
$output =  $q->header . page_header( $results ); - to my $output =
$q->header(-charset=>'UTF-8') . page_header( $results );  then
filenames are displayed correctly with regards to umlauts .. however
the content of swishdescription displays incorrectly then.

Since the bulk of the documents are word documents being parsed
through catdoc  i changed my swish.conf as follows
FileFilter .doc /usr/local/bin/catdoc "-b -s8859-1 -dutf-8 '%p' "

The results now show correct filenames with umlauts however there are
still some parts displaying incorrectly. The descriptions of the file
contents and highlighting is pretty much correct with one or two
faulty representations but now parts of the form are displaying
incorrectly.  I'm enclosing a screendump of what it looks like.
Oh, and the browsers default encoding is utf-8

The issue seems to point towards some part of the html page being
produced is setting an encoding other than utf-8..question is where
this is being set?

Thanks for any help at all

Thomas