Re: all words

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 16:18:21 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 09:48:04AM -0500, Michael Peters wrote:
>
>>Ok, -T INDEX_WORDS_META gives me a listing from the command line, but is
>>there anyway to get that info from a program using SWISH::API without
>>forking out a shell command?
>

> You mean does SWISH::API have a feature that isn't documented in it's
> man page?  Possible, but not that I know of.

Ok, I guess my question was kinda silly.

> Why would you need to fork more than once?  Or at all -- just write a
> file of words after indexing.  Doesn't change after indexing, right?

I was hoping that my web module could just look at the index and extract
the words itself and then cache them without needed an external storage.
But now that I think about it, reading from a file and then caching it
is really no different. Thanks.

--
Michael Peters
Developer