Re: MIME Types of zipped files

From: Lars D. Noodén <lars(at)not-real.umich.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 11:54:03 GMT
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Peter Karman wrote:
> ... Given that SWISH::Filter doesn't handle multiple files and/or
> compressed files, you might be better off writing your own filtering
> program (in whatever language) and feeding that directly to -S prog.

It could be really simple since the separate files do belong together and
could have been a single file had the designers of OpenDocument made
different decisions:
 	#!/bin/sh
 	echo "<xml>`unzip -c $FILE meta.xml contents.xml`</xml>";

I'll look at the SWISH-RUN docs, too.  It only took a few days for my perl
to start to come back, but the major problem beyond that is a rather
severe inability to concentrate for more than 10-15 minutes and profound
forgetfulness -- both of which I have been trying to address.

> I just looked at both SWISH::Filter and some of the SWISH::Filter::*
> examples and I don't see a very elegant way of putting in your needed
> features. Probably better to just start from scratch.

I guess I'm a bit unclear about how SWISH::Filter works.  I'd expect that
it would look at the ODF file, which is the zip equivalent of a tar-ball,
and then pass it off to the relevant SWISH::Filter::* filter which then
returns a stream of text.  Is that about right?

-Lars
Lars Nooden (lars@umich.edu)
 	On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
 	... until you start barking.