Re: MIME Types of zipped files

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 14:18:50 GMT
>> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Bill Moseley wrote:

>> ... One things the filters are not setup to do is to take a single file
>> (like a tar or zip file) and then index those as separate files.  It
>> should do that, but it doesn't.
>
> Ok.  That's what I'm trying to set up.  Files in OpenDocument format are
> really a collection of files and a few directories.  The three files
> relevant for indexing are mimetype, content.xml and meta.xml, but they
> cannot be seen until the whole thing is processed with unzip.

Given that SWISH::Filter doesn't handle multiple files and/or compressed
files, you might be better off writing your own filtering program (in
whatever language) and feeding that directly to -S prog.

If you need some help getting started with that in Perl, post back to the
list and I'll try and dig up some of the modules I've started on.
Otherwise, any scripting language will do, as long as the output matches
the input -S prog expects (see the SWISH-RUN docs).

I just looked at both SWISH::Filter and some of the SWISH::Filter::*
examples and I don't see a very elegant way of putting in your needed
features. Probably better to just start from scratch.

though as Bill points out it would be nice to support the de-compressing
of multiple files via SWISH::Filter... best I can do right now is put it
on the TODO list.

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com