MIME Types of zipped files

From: Lars D. Noodén <lars(at)not-real.umich.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 11:03:01 GMT
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Bill Moseley wrote:
> ... The filters register regular expressions of mime types they handle.
> If the incoming document matches the filters mime type then the filter
> is passed the incoming content.

Zipped or otherwise compressed files all have the same apparent MIME type
until they are actually unzipped.  How is that best resolved in Filter.pm?

> ... One things the filters are not setup to do is to take a single file
> (like a tar or zip file) and then index those as separate files.  It
> should do that, but it doesn't.

Ok.  That's what I'm trying to set up.  Files in OpenDocument format are
really a collection of files and a few directories.  The three files
relevant for indexing are mimetype, content.xml and meta.xml, but they
cannot be seen until the whole thing is processed with unzip.

-Lars
Lars Nooden (lars@umich.edu)
 	On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
 	... until you start barking.