Re: Swish-e and OpenDocument and metadata

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 13:47:53 GMT
> Does the filter need to return the real mime type[1]?

Bill can answer more authoritatively. I think the answer is yes, or
rather, it needs to match a MIME type as defined by MIME::Types (though
there is some fallback regexp processing that attempts to match if
MIME::Types is not present).

> Can swish-e process two separate XML files (content + metadata) as one
> if they are concatenated?

yes. if by concat'd you mean:

so that it remains a valid XML doc.

> -Lars
> [1] e.g.
>  	application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text odt
>  	application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet ods
>  	application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation odp
> Lars Nooden (
>  	On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
>  	... until you start barking.
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Peter Karman wrote:
>> seems to me this is a perfect job for SWISH::Filter and writing a
>> filter.
>> Look at the other examples in the SWISH/Filter/*pm files in the
>> distribution and do a 'perldoc SWISH::Filter' to see the documentation.

Peter Karman . . peter(at)