Re: SWISH-E and Windows XP and a definitive config

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 14:12:51 GMT
> FileFilter .pdf ./lib/swish-e/swish_filter.pl '"%p" "%P"'

The FileFilter directive is not very useful, I've found, on Windows.

I just set Swish-e up on W2K, along with ActiveState Perl, and I find the
DirTree.pl script much more useful. Try it like:

 perl DirTree.pl file.pdf

and see what kind of output you get. If you see the correct, filtered
words, then pipe it to swish-e like:

 perl DirTree.pl file.pdf | swish-e -S prog -i stdin

and if that works correctly, you can set up your config file according to
the docs on the -S prog option.

NOTE: The DirTree.pl script in version 2.4.3 of Swish-e has a small bug,
which can be fixed either by downloading the latest version from CVS, or
by searching the mail archive for 'dirtree.pl' and finding the relevant
email from Bill where he includes the patch.
--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com