ANNOUNCE: Sman 0.97 Released (indexer for man pages)

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)not-real.joshr.com>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 13:32:56 GMT
Hello Everyone:

I've just released Sman version 0.97!

Sman is a 'man -k' and 'apropos' replacement based on Swish-e and
Perl. Sman indexes the complete text of your system's man pages and
run on all tested UNIX-like OS's, including OS X, Linux, FreeBSD,
Solaris, and others.

Sman is now on CPAN at
   http://search.cpan.org/~joshr/Sman/
and on freshmeat at
   http://freshmeat.net/projects/sman/
as well as on my website at
   http://joshr.com/src/sman

Sman can also be installed through CPAN by typing:
   % sudo cpan Sman

Changes since version 0.95:

0.97   Mon Aug 29 2005
         Check that a sufficient SWISH::API version is installed,
           handle absence better
         Fixed Sman::IndexVersion, it now uses Sman::Config
         Handle errors in sman better
         Added --progress and --max options to sman-update
         Documentation updates
0.96   Fri Aug 26 2005
         Choose number of results to show based on rows returned from Term::Size
           (to override use sman's --max=N command line option)
         Put quotes around verbatim error string from swish-e if we show one
         Avoid warnings from zcat during sman-update autoconfiguration
on OSX 10.4
         Use 'man -c' (and ENV_MANWIDTH) to actually wrap manpages to
256 char lines
         Fix NAME section of sman-update perldocs (to fix problem of
           sman-update not appearing at http://search.cpan.org/~joshr/Sman/ )
         Document running as low-priv user in sman-update
         Update TODO and sman.conf documentation
         Show index update time in sman and sman-update --VERSION output
         Added /var/lib/sman/sman.index.version file and usage
         Use swish-e's rank scheme 1 by default if index allows

Please let me know if you have any comments or discover any bugs!
Again, links for Sman are above!

Thanks,
   joshr