Re: problems with highlighting and output

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 13:18:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:57:47AM +0200, psydok@sulb.uni-saarland.de wrote:
> That's absolutely true. So here are is some code:

Sorry, I didn't have time to try your exact config right now (have to
get to the airport), but my suggestion would be to start with a new
and very limited config and work back to see when the highlighting
stops working.

Start with a small doc and then try a larger one:

moseley@bumby:~$ mkdir herb
moseley@bumby:~/herb$
moseley@bumby:~/herb$ echo "one two there four" > mydoc

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ cat c
DefaultContents HTML2
StoreDescription HTML2 <body>
moseley@bumby:~/herb$ swish-e -i mydoc -c c -v0

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ ln -s /usr/local/lib/swish-e/swish.cgi .

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ SWISH_DEBUG=basic ./swish.cgi | grep background
Debug level set to: 1 [basic]
Config file '.swishcgi.conf': No such file or directory at ./swish.cgi line 659.
Enter a query [all]: "one two"
Enter max results to display [1]:
swish.cgi: returned a page of 1 results of 1 total hits

Here's something a little bigger:

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ ls -l /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 695734 2004-04-21 21:10 /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
moseley@bumby:~/herb$ wc -l /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
62076 /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
moseley@bumby:~/herb$ swish-e -c c -i /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic -v0

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ tail -3 /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
zygote/SM
zygotic
zymurgy/S

moseley@bumby:~/herb$ SWISH_DEBUG=basic ./swish.cgi | grep background
Debug level set to: 1 [basic]
Config file '.swishcgi.conf': No such file or directory at ./swish.cgi line 659.
Enter a query [all]: zygotic
Enter max results to display [1]:
swish.cgi: returned a page of 1 results of 1 total hits

If you want me to try exactly your config then you need to provide me
with everything I need -- a config, a test document and example output
of everything you did that shows the problem.  I need to be able to
easily repeat it.