Re: Searching a signle URL of a Index

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 13:57:46 GMT
andy rosbrook scribbled on 8/24/05 8:23 AM:

> and all this data would be contained within a single index. I was just
> wondering weather it would be possible to search this index and return
> results from only http://www.blah.com/sales.html? Or would a new index for
> each page need to be created?

check the docs, esp SWISH-CONFIG. You just need to set swishdocpath as a
MetaName, and then search like:

  swish-e -w swishdocpath=http://www.blah.com/sales.html and someword

make sure you include . and / as WordCharacters so that the entire URL gets
indexed as a single word.

> I suppose it depends on the structure of the indexes? I've tried to figure
> out the structure but when i try and open the index.swish-e its not
> readable..how are the indexes structured, something id like to know!

the swish-e indexes are binary for speed. a text editor won't help. use the -T
option to dump info from the index; that's the best way.