Searching a signle URL of a Index

From: andy rosbrook <andy_rosbrook(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 13:24:06 GMT
Hi all

This is a question refering to http spidering :)! I was just wondering
weather it would be possible to search a single url of a larger index, for
example:

I index www.blah.com with an depth of two, so for example the following
pages would be indexed:

http://www.blah.com/about.html
http://www.blah.com/sales.html
http://www.blah.com/home/beds.html
http://www.blah.com/home/seats.html

and all this data would be contained within a single index. I was just
wondering weather it would be possible to search this index and return
results from only http://www.blah.com/sales.html? Or would a new index for
each page need to be created?

I suppose it depends on the structure of the indexes? I've tried to figure
out the structure but when i try and open the index.swish-e its not
readable..how are the indexes structured, something id like to know!

This is just a curiosity question i suppose,
thanks
andy

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk