RE: Re: swish-e hypermail and date_ranges

From: Jackson Craig <c.jackson(at)not-real.asb-group.com>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 12:44:16 GMT

Well, I have found an ugly fix which works for my needs.

I have changed the following in hypermail :

In print.c, change line 1352 from   getdatestr(email->date)    to
email->datestr

This 'forces' the body of the page to contain a human readable date, and
ignores the dateformat setting

In printfile.c, change line 331 from  secs_to_iso_meta(date)    to
getdatestr(date)

This makes the Date meta tag in the header conform to whatever  you set
dateformat to in hypermail.rc.  I can now set it to %s and this gives me a
UNIX timestamp in the meta tag - which is what I need in order to make it a
property in my index.

I know it is ugly, and I'm sure with a little more thought I could make it
cleaner (like add another config option for the format of the date in the
body) but it will do !

Cheers,

Craig

  _____