Re: swish-e hypermail and date_ranges

From: Jackson Craig <c.jackson(at)not-real.asb-group.com>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 09:05:59 GMT
Hi Bill,

Thanks alot for your reply. Sadly, I do not know how to get the script to do
this conversion. If you were feeling generous, maybe you could help me with
that .....  ;-)

Thanks again,

Craig.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:43:31AM -0700, Jackson Craig wrote:
> I have been able to search by date in the past, but now because
date_ranges
> is using swishlastmodified, I am unable to effectively search mail sent
> prior to the date I recreated the archive !! - since all this mail has its
> swishlastmodified date set to the date I recreated the archive :-(

I see that the script does pull out a received date. Maybe you could use
that?

> I understand that swish-e cannot parse dates, and so I was going to get
> hypermail to use UNIX timestamps, but then I lose a human readable date in
> the archived message which I don't want to do.

So have the index_hypermail.pl script convert the dates.

   http://swish-e.org/Discussion/

Help with Swish-e:

   http://swish-e.org/current/docs

   swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You should not copy it
or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any
other person.

to a plain text message.