swish-e hypermail and date_ranges

From: Jackson Craig <c.jackson(at)not-real.asb-group.com>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 09:49:55 GMT
Folks,

I have a hypermail email archive, and I am using swish-e to index it and
swish.cgi as a search page. All is well, except that recenty I had to
recreate the mailarchive from scratch using my backups of the mbox files
which have gone into it over the past year.

I have been able to search by date in the past, but now because date_ranges
is using swishlastmodified, I am unable to effectively search mail sent
prior to the date I recreated the archive !! - since all this mail has its
swishlastmodified date set to the date I recreated the archive :-(

I understand that swish-e cannot parse dates, and so I was going to get
hypermail to use UNIX timestamps, but then I lose a human readable date in
the archived message which I don't want to do..

I had hoped that I could configure hypermail to have both a YYYY-MM-DD Date
meta tag *and* a UNIX timestamp 'Somename' meta tag, but I can't see that
there is any way to do date.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, I would be very grateful.
Seems to me there must be thousands of hypermail + Swish-e sites out there
with similar problems. If you could tell hypermail to add another Date line,
that would solve it.

I am happy to (again) recreate the archive, so if there is something I can
do at creation time then that would be fine too.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You should not copy it
or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any
other person.

to a plain text message.