Re: Issues with filenames a

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 18:14:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 06:51:56AM -0700, Thomas Nyman wrote:

> My webbrowser displays default coding as ISO Latin 1

Are the characters you are trying to display in the Latin 1 set?

Sorry, I can't really guess without having the problem myself.
All I can suggest is look at the file name at different steps of the
indexing and searching process and see where it changes.

swish-e converts input to 8859-1 when indexing.  If you have
ParserWarnLevel (I think that's what it is called) set then you would
see errors in conversion -- and you would end up with spaces in file
names.  That doesn't sound like what's happening, though.

Perl *might* be a problem -- but I'm not sure if you are using Perl
to fetch the file names.  Again, look at the file name at various
steps of indexing and searching is probably what you need to do.