"Lightning Search"

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 01:24:33 GMT
Hi all, I've been fiddling with some client-side stuff tonight.  Just
whipped together a fun little Swish-e search front-end.  It should work
with any browser that supports Javascript, DOM, and XML.  (e.g. Firefox,
IE, Safari, Opera, Konquerer, etc.)  The Javascript portion uses the
Sarissa XMLHTTP API (  I'd be curious to know if it
doesn't work on a particular (recent) browser since I only have Firefox.

"Lightning Search" of the Swish-e 2.4.0 documentation:

The backend is a simple PHP script that sanitizes the query and outputs
results as XML using Swish-e's -x option:

You can see the source here:

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039