Re: SWISH::* and CPAN

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)>
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 00:56:40 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:
> Michael Peters scribbled on 7/5/05 2:41 PM:

>>+ redo the method names so that they are more 'perlish'. eg, change
>>"Query" to "query", "New_Search_Object" to "new_search_object", etc. Not
>>really important, just more in line with the common perl style (also
>>more like Bill's previous SWISH module on CPAN).
> might be easier [better?] to just make aliases. The names right now correspond
> to the C library names, which for developers' sake is nice when grep'ing, etc.
> But perlish is good. Something like:
> sub new_search_object
> {
>      return New_Search_Object(@_);
> }
> might suffice? That would also keep legacy code from breaking.

Ok, here is my first attempt at this for swish-e. This first patch and
test file are to implement the 'perlish' aliases for all of the methods
in the SWISH::API* modules. The test file is an exact copy of t/search.t
but calling all of the 'perlish' versions of the methods.

Patches are against the current CVS.

Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP

to a plain text message.