Re: Context Searching by Title

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 17:55:36 GMT
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:37:35AM -0700, David Ayres wrote:
> We've done quite a bit of tweaking with the Swish cgi; I didn't want to=
>  "upset the apple cart" by updating and having those changes possibly=
>  rendered null

Why not use your version of swish.cgi with the newer version of swish?  This
problem isn't related to swish.cgi, right?

>  (as well as having to re-index) until I was sure that this=
>  problem had been specifically addressed. To my knowledge, there's been no=
>  mention of it in the bug or changes reports, nor does the documentation's=
>  context searching section deviate from prior documentation.

You said you are using the development version 2.1-dev-25.  The
changes file seems to start about version 2.2 back in August of 2002.

>  Given that,=
>  I'd rather not roll the dice with updating, particularly since wildcard=
>  searching has been reported to have become slower in the current version.

But maybe faster than your version.

> I'm curious if anyone can duplicate this problem with the current version.=
>   It seems to be a pretty big hole in Swish for no one to have noticed.  :)

Right.  I can not duplicate it and surly someone else would have
spotted that by now.