Re: **JUNK** catdoc.exe causes application errors in log

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 21:56:32 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 07:15 -0700, Revillini, James wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  It doesn't seem to affect
> the indexing operations, but I would like to know the best way to
> prevent this from happening.  Ideally, I'd like to correct that which
> raises the errors, but at least if I had a way of telling
> Dirtree.pl/catdoc.exe/unrtf.exe not to log them to the application log,
> it wouldn't let the log fill up so quickly.

Well, I ported catdoc to Windows from DOS over the course of a half hour
or so.  So it's very likely that I missed something.  That's why I've
often suggested people use wvWare when possible.  wvWare has people
maintaining it on Windows.  Whereas catdoc's author officially wants
nothing to do with Windows.  I don't blame him, really.  ;-)

I intend to bundle up wvWare with Swish-e for Windows and replace catdoc
entirely.  I think the main issue was a library conflict.  That may not
be a problem now that I've switched to mingw.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/