RE: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Revillini, James <JRevillini(at)not-real.txcc.commnet.edu>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 20:53:19 GMT

//fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc:
> > Use of uninitialized value in waitpid at
> > e:\swish-e\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/Filter.pm line 1375.
>
>     waitpid $self->{pid}, 0 if delete $self->{pid};
>
> I have to quit smoking so much crack.  Try something more like:
>
>     if ( $self->{pid} ) {
>         waitpid $self->{pid}, 0;
>         delete $self->{pid};
>     }

This code worked nicely!  Took care of all the waitpid errors as far as
I can tell.  I'm running into a new issue as we speak, but I'm trying ot
narrow it down.  I'll write again later.

> > I'm getting a bunch of these:
> >
> > Failed to set content type for document
> > '//fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc'
>
> Try installing the MIME::Types perl module.  That's what maps file
> extensions to mime types.

To those of you who are following along at home, you'll want to also
know the following:

To get MIME::Types, go to
http://search.cpan.org/~markov/MIME-Types-1.15/lib/MIME/Types.pod, or
just go to http://search.cpan.org/ and search for mime::types, download
the .tar.gz file, unzip it.

Now download nmake from microsoft so you'll be able to build the module
(ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe - i put it into my
\perl\bin\ folder - dunno if that was smart)

Now follow the directions at
http://perl.about.com/od/perlmodule1/l/aa030500a.htm and install that
sucka.

> > And right before it bombs I get about 1 page of these:
> >
> > Can't  opendir(//fileservername/folder/path/to/a/folder): Invalid
> > argument
> >  at dirtree.pl line 88
>
> Not sure if up to date, but:
>
>     http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/perl/learn32/ch12_05.htm
>
>      In the current version of Perl for Win32, and the current version
of
>      the standard distribution, opendir fails on UNC paths. You can
>      work around this by mapping a drive to the UNC share before using
>      directory handles, and then using the drive letter as the path
>      instead of the UNC path. You can do this with the
>      Win32::NetResource module extension (see the AddConnection
>      function) or with the Windows NT net use command. For more
>      information on modules and the Win32 extensions, see Appendix B,
>      Libraries and Modules.

Screw it.  I don't need to opendir!