Re: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 18:44:57 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 02:15:13PM -0400, Revillini, James wrote:
> 1048 Warning - //fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc:
> Use of uninitialized value in waitpid at
> e:\swish-e\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/ line 1375.

    waitpid $self->{pid}, 0 if delete $self->{pid};

I have to quit smoking so much crack.  Try something more like:

    if ( $self->{pid} ) {
        waitpid $self->{pid}, 0;
        delete $self->{pid};

> I'm getting a bunch of these:
> Failed to set content type for document
> '//fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc'

Try installing the MIME::Types perl module.  That's what maps file
extensions to mime types.

> And right before it bombs I get about 1 page of these:
> Can't  opendir(//fileservername/folder/path/to/a/folder): Invalid
> argument
>  at line 88

Not sure if up to date, but:

     In the current version of Perl for Win32, and the current version of
     the standard distribution, opendir fails on UNC paths. You can
     work around this by mapping a drive to the UNC share before using
     directory handles, and then using the drive letter as the path
     instead of the UNC path. You can do this with the
     Win32::NetResource module extension (see the AddConnection
     function) or with the Windows NT net use command. For more
     information on modules and the Win32 extensions, see Appendix B,
     Libraries and Modules.

Help with Swish-e: