RE: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Revillini, James <JRevillini(at)>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 18:17:44 GMT

the PM
> > files as the filter and run the indexer, it opens the pm files up in
> > word pad!
> That's nice of Windows to do that for you.  Where would Wordpad open
> if you were indexing on a remote machine?
> >
> > FileFilter .doc "perl.exe
> > e:/swish-e/lib/swish-e/perl/swish/filters/"
> What's  Do you mean  That's not a
> FileFilter.
> Can you find your way through a little Perl?
> What I'd try is using the program.  That should
> automatically filter for you.  It uses the SWISH::Filter module which
> deals with setting up filtering.
> You would likely need to edit to only fetch the files you
> want indexed, but it's not very hard to do.  Then you can run it like
> this:
>     perl /path/to/ /dir/to/index /other/dir > out.txt

This worked with a small directory pretty well, but bombed when I tried
to index the big muthah.

I'm getting a ton of these:

1048 Warning - //fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc:
Use of uninitialized value in waitpid at
e:\swish-e\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/ line 1375.

I'm getting a bunch of these:

Failed to set content type for document

And right before it bombs I get about 1 page of these:

Can't  opendir(//fileservername/folder/path/to/a/folder): Invalid
 at line 88

I've tried to find other people with the same thing happening, but all
happened before the current release, so I don't know what's been fixed.
No one seems to be having the waitpid issue on line 1375, so that must
be a rewrite.  Also, as you may have ascertained, Perl isn't my forte,
but I can find my way around it when I need to.