Re: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 21:35:44 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:08:19PM -0700, Revillini, James wrote:
> 1. did not accept a network path to index

I thought I tried this once and it worked, but maybe I'm not
remembering correctly.  Swish just does a fopen() on the path -- I'm
not sure if that works with shares on windows.  I'd assume so, so
maybe the path separator is the problem.

> 2. could not have backslashes in the IndexDir argument.  Even though it looks like everything is going to be ok given the above tests, having backslashes in the index dir caused problems when there was more than 1 line in the indexer config file.  Things like this would happen:

I think backslashes are turned into forward slashes.  Backslashes
inside quotes are escape characters.

    moseley@bumby:~$ cat c
    Indexdir "abc\\123"
    moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -c c |grep abc
    Indexing "abc\123"
    Warning: Invalid path 'abc/123': Not a directory

But without the quotes:

    moseley@bumby:~$ cat c
    Indexdir abc\\123
    moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -c c |grep abc
    Indexing "abc\\123"
    Warning: Invalid path 'abc//123': Not a directory

> I then noticed that swish.cgi points to the binary in the local folder (I'm assuming) on approximately line 144:
>
>         swish_binary    => 'swish-e.exe',  # Location of swish-e binary

Shouldn't have been set like that at installation, but also IIRC, IIS
doesn't chdir() to the location of the cgi script, so you cannot use
relative paths on IIS, unlike Apache under mod_cgi.

> 6. m$ word docs aren't indexing properly.  Unfortunately, I just noticed this and have not researched it at all.  I just ran the index again on a subdirectory and noticed that all word docs are showing that only 1 word gets indexed.  Here's the config file:

Swish doesn't automatically index Word docs without setting up
filters.