Re: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 19:11:09 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:16:35AM -0700, Revillini, James wrote:
>        IndexDir z:/
> 	 ReplaceRules replace "z\:/" "file\://///server/folder/"

> The only backslashes used are there to escape the colon
> characters)

Why does the colon need to be escaped?

>  - create a file in e:\search\ called .swishcgi.conf
>  - insert the following text into that file
>
>    return {
>         swish_binary    => 'e:\\swish-e\\swish-e.exe',

The swish.cgi script should have the correct path to the swish-e
binary set at installation time.  Well, there was a problem with
spaces in paths that Dave fixed just last week.  The @INC library path
is also updated at installation time.  This is all done with a perl
script that changes the .cgi.in file to .cgi and updates the paths.

We discussed using the registry for setting the paths (i.e. fetch from
the registry both the location of swish-e.exe and where the helper
modules are located), but that would still mean hard-coding the
location of the registry key so all installations of a given version
would point to the same locations.