Re: SWISH::* and CPAN

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 18:44:56 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:45:08AM -0700, Michael Peters wrote:
> Peter Karman wrote:
> > IIRC, the only hangup with putting the SWISH::API on CPAN is that no one
> > has yet done it. :)

That's basically it.  The plan has been to pull it out of the swish-e
distribution and place it on CPAN.  But, that means adjusting cvs,
docs and generally moving things around for something that's working
fine for me as is.

The reason would be to make it somewhat cleaner for distributions to
pack SWISH::API and swish-e  separately.

If you have a module based on SWISH::API it would be nice to have
SWISH::API on CPAN so that CPAN.pm could install SWISH::API
automatically for you.  Of course, SWISH::API depends on swish-e, and
CPAN.pm isn't going to install that for you so the dependency chain
breaks anyway.

Maybe we could put Peter's buildswishe.pl script in the SWISH::API
distribution and then it could automatically install swish-e...

> I imagine it requires some doc cleanup and tests, but if there is no
> other reason then I'd gladly volunteer to do it.

What?!  My documentation might need some cleanup?  Impossible!