Re: Need Help URGENT !!!

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 21:05:28 GMT
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 05:25 -0700, Amit Regmi wrote:
> I am about to start a project wherein I need an Indexer . Swish-e being
> the best ( I believe ) I would like to know the least possible source
> code that I use.
> Because my project is a minor one I can't afford letting it's size grow
> too large.

To use Swish-e on Windows you only need the following files:
  swish-e.exe
  libxml2.dll
  iconv.dll
  pcre.dll
  libz.dll
And the current development version requires:
  libswish-e-2.dll

> someone please help. ..
> 'n also how do i compile the code in win32 environment.

Do you need to compile Swish-e for Windows?  It's not easy and all of
the released versions are already compiled.

You can build Swish-e with MinGW (http://www.mingw.org/).  The Windows
builds I make are cross-compiled on a Debian-based Linux system using
the src/win32/build.sh script (see notes in perl/Makefile.mingw).  The
installer is built using src/win32/dist.sh and a Linux build of NSIS.

I have built releases using Microsoft Visual C++ 6 in the past.  There
are project files in the src/win32 directory.  There is no Swish-e API
DLL if you build this way.  You will have to build this way if you want
to build the SwishCtl ActiveX control.

In either case you will also require the headers and import libraries
for libxml2, pcre, and zlib.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/