Re: An idea for calculating ranking

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 21:49:48 GMT
koszalekopalek scribbled on 6/9/05 3:48 PM:

> 3) Instead of just remembering the URLs, let's also store the
>     words WWWWW that are located inside <A HREF="UUUU"> </A>
>     tags.

click <a href="foo.html">here</a> to see the magic stuff.

:)

Bill and I went 'round and 'round about this last year. As you discovered, the
quickest way to tick off swish-e developers is to start comparing swish-e to
google. It's just not the same thing.

That said, I think there's lots to be improved in the ranking algorithms. That's
why I wrote the -R option, to provide a framework for testing new ones. Check
out rank.c for pointers.