Re: Tuning ranking manually with MetaNamesRank

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 14:50:04 GMT
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:05:31AM -0700, koszalekopalek wrote:
> The whole point is that I think it is useful to be able to manually
> assign urls to selected keywords. (Remember that Google demo I mentioned
> in my first post?)

I briefly looked at that demo.  That looked more like a feature
outside of the search, not a way to make things rank high.  That is,
when you do the search also checks for a mapping for those keywords
and places that at the top of your search results.  Kind of like ad
placements.

Maybe that's a better way to solve this?