Re: Something wrong with the example in the website?

From: Lionel lau <lbc4swish(at)not-real.yahoo.com.sg>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 03:05:26 GMT
Sorry, think it was rude of me to blame it on the code
provided when it couldn't work. I'm very new to
Unix-style / Linux so pls forgive me for that.

This is what I have in the .conf file which i copied
from the site too:

IndexDir spider.pl

SwishProgParameters default
http://localhost/index.html

Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath

StoreDescription TXT* 10000
StoreDescription HTML* <body> 10000

while this is the output of swish-e when I index:

Indexing "spider.pl"
External Program found:
/usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl
No SWISH filters found
/usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters
from 'default'

Summary for: http://localhost/index.html
     Connection: Close:   1  (1.0/sec)
Connection: Keep-Alive:   1  (1.0/sec)
           Total Bytes: 381  (381.0/sec)
            Total Docs:   1  (1.0/sec)
           Unique URLs:   2  (2.0/sec)
             text/html:   1  (1.0/sec)
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 16 words alphabetically
Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
  Writing word text: Complete
  Writing word hash: Complete
  Writing word data: Complete
16 unique words indexed.
5 properties sorted.
1 file indexed.  381 total bytes.  24 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00 CPU time: 00:00:00
Indexing done!

I should have about 5-6 files in the indexed
directory.

As for the error logs. It's strange that the error log
isn't updated. Only the access_log file is. I've
checked in the apache settings that error logging is enabled.