Re: swish-e 2.4 | 2.5 under Windows

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 10:27:19 GMT
hi Bill, thanks for searching, I had 1.3.1, now I have 1.3.33 - nothing
changed

but I know more

swish.cgi works if I use unix style path (believe this is undocumented )
or relative paths

correct -> swish_binary => '/romca/swish5/swish-e.exe',        # OK
            swish_binary => '../../swish-e.exe'
wrong -> swish_binary => 'c:/romca/swish5/swish-e.exe',

it is with or without SWISH::API, no matter what I use
both with 2.4.3 or with 2.5.3 version, however with API i can use
windows style c:/romca....

but for every search there are 4 new lines in apache error log added,
everytime, no matter if using API or not
[Fri Jun 03 11:44:05 2005] [warn] exec() may not be safe

If one use some of "debug_options" , the child never returns

when I kill the child manually, apache writes some parts of dumped
structure, mostly swish-e header, and it is apparent that there are some
results

something goes wrong inside of show_debug_output, when I comment out
print STDERR Data::Dumper::Dumper, it is fine

[I also tried simple Data::Dump, but that did not help]

on command line it works with debug_options

does anyone know why exec is called?
(and why debug printing to apache could fail?)

regards

roman