Setting up a basic php site search

From: Lionel lau <lbc4swish(at)not-real.yahoo.com.sg>
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 05:38:14 GMT
I have actualluy tried to run the script on the apache server. But there seems to be some problems...

Initially, there were some errors with output...so, I've changed the extension from .php3 to .php and there are no more errors now...

I have also made the following changes:
Search.conf
- $strSearchEngine => "/usr/local/bin/swish-e"
- $arySearchSiteIndices => "/var/www/html/pages.idx" (Swish index file)

After that, I ran the php page, input some text and click submit button.
It says it couldn't find the page "/search/".
So I changed another variable in Search.conf:
$strSelf  = basename($PHP_SELF);

Then i ran the the page again. It just sort of refresh the page... and nothing else was done.
Someone pls help :(

Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
I think there's a PHP example here:

http://swish-e.org/scripts.html

Lionel lau scribbled on 5/31/05 8:31 PM:

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com