Re: error: bad annotation action/destination

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 00:12:14 GMT
[back to the list]

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 05:03:31PM -0700, Dragana Radulovic wrote:
> thanks for the answer.
>
> the problem is that I don't know which files produce
> these errors.
> I have a lot of files and few of them produce these
> errors. Trying to index each of them manually would be
> painful.

That's a problem I've discussed with the author of xpdf a few times.
xpdf should print out the file name.  Of course that won't help in
many cases because swish-e is sending xpdf a temporary file.

You didn't describe how you are filtering.  I wonder if the filter
could detect this ether by capturing stderr (if it prints to stderr)
or looking at the exit value of xpdf.

You could capture stderr and stdout to a file and use -v4 or something
that prints the files being processed and then you could narrow down
the number of files to look at.