Re: errors migrating index to another host

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 16:53:19 GMT
On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 07:23 -0700, Brandon Hall wrote:
> I also have access to a web host that runs NetBSD (DEC Alpha).  This
> host does not have a site-wide installation of swish-e, so I
> downloaded the 2.4.3 sources and built them in my local directory
> space.  I then copied one of my indexes over from the Linux host, and
> am receiving the following error when I try to run queries on it
> (from the NetBSD alpha machine):

I can confirm this behavior between x86 and Alpha hosts.  I built on the
Source Forge alpha-linux1 and x86-linux1 Debian hosts.

I would expect the problem is that Alpha is 64-bit and x86 is 32-bit.
The same index file created on Alpha is almost exactly twice the size of
the index created on x86.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/