Re: 'Missing Title' with swishtitle property

From: Philip Young <philipishere(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 11:30:29 GMT
Hey!

Thanks for the quick reply :)
Anyway just some quick replies and questions:

> Probably because you don't have a <title>.
Well, the documents (word, OOo) I indexed did have titles, and I have
originally tried displaying the results via the 'swish.cgi' template
and it did display the 'swishtitle' property on the results so I think
the index does have this value.

>  [% item.Property('swishtitle') || item.Property('swishdocpath') || 'mising title' %]
>
> To do it right you might want more logic -- like only highlight if
> swishtitle exists.
Thanks, i'll try this in a moment and yes I think it would have
something to do with the logic in the code.  I did not change much
with the original 'search.cgi', 'search.tt' files so

> You might have better luck using SWISH::Filter instead of FileFilter
> -- gives you more control of the input to swish from your various file
> formats.  More likely to get a title (for example, pdf conversion uses
> pdfinfo to extract out a title, if possible).
Interesting..  Using the SWISH::Filter would there be a need to
declare this filter
within the swish.conf, search.cgi files?  I am assuming SWISH::Filter
is built into the swish-e installation?

> > FileFilterMatch "/usr/bin/unzip" "-p \"%p\" meta.xml" "-p \"%p\"
> > content.xml" /\.(sxw|sxc|sxi|odt)$/i
> Interesting.  That's doesn't really work because then you have two xml
> files, and I don't think the parser is going to like that.
As I need to extract metadata into the index and also the content is
there any specific way I could grab the 'metadata' and the 'content'
to placed into the same index?  And reading from other discussions I
found that the filters (catdoc, pdf2text) do not actually extract the
metadata from the documents.

> It would be nice to have a nice Openoffice filter.  Anyone doing this?
Had a look at the discussions and found someone referring to this:
http://cpansearch.perl.org/~jmgdoc/OpenOffice-OODoc-1.304/OODoc/File.pod
Haven't really looked into it but it does look like some sort of
filter for OOo xml format.

> What do you mean 'front-end' for search.cgi?  The templates?
Yes, exactly: front end = templates, sorry about that :)  Anyone point
me in the right direction to get a working template with search.cgi.
(Tried using the jswishi project but did not end up getting it working
:( )

Thankyou,

Philip Young