Re: The search is returning the hard drive location of the search

From: <SSchattenberg(at)not-real.iht.com>
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 09:50:16 GMT
Try  this configuration directive when indexing.

ReplaceRules remove file:///c:/Intranet/..

I use this to chop off the file system location of my html files.  Swish-e
then indexes them with a relative path.

My config looks something like this:

ReplaceRules remove /path/to/htdocs/folder/

cheers.

                      "Holbert, Todd"
                      <THolbert@NCIS.NAV        To:       Multiple recipients of list <swish-e@sunsite3.berkeley.edu>
                      Y.MIL>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [SWISH-E] The search is returning the hard drive location of the search ter
                      swish-e@sunsite3.b
                      erkeley.edu

                      05/26/2005 11:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      THolbert

I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I have not been able to locate any
solutions in the forums. I'm using the swish-e for an intranet. When I do
the search it is returning the location as file:///c:/Intranet/test.html
instead of the http location.

I am running swish-e version 2.2.2 on IIS with perl 5.8.0.806
The index file is very simple:

IndexFile C:/intranet/swish-e.index
IndexDir http://192.168.1.10
IndexOnly .htm .html

when I run the command c:\bin\swish-e -S http -c conf\test.config

The output is:
indexing data source: "http-crawler"
indexing "http:/192.168.1.10"
returned 0
returned 0
removing very common words...
no words removed
writing main index...
err: No unique words indexed!

So I changed the config file to:

IndexFile C:/intranet/swish-e.index
IndexDir C:/intranet/
IndexOnly .htm .html

I run the command c:\bin\swish-e  -c conf\test.config it indexes everything
in the directory, which I guess is what it is supposed to do. But when I do
a search on the website it returns the search location to
file:///c:/Intranet/.. instead of http://192.168.1.10/etc..

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks