Re: doubling of information in description

From: Aaron Bazar <yeranb(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 16:17:29 GMT
Thank you! It works now.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: swish-e@sunsite3.berkeley.edu [mailto:swish-e@sunsite3.berkeley.edu]
On Behalf Of Bill Moseley
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:31 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [SWISH-E] Re: doubling of information in description

The doubling has to do with the special processing done by StoreDescription.

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:59:07PM -0700, Aaron Bazar wrote:
> StoreDescription HTML2 <description> 10000

Here you say store the contents of <description> in the propertyname
"swishdescription".

> PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description

And here you say basically the same thing.

Since StoreDescription and Properties are processed separately (but both use
properties to store the data) you end up storing the data twice.

The StoreDescription feature was added at one point.  But, you can basically
do the same thing with just properties.  The exception is that you can add
StoreDescription settings specific to a given parser (that's the HTML2 in
yours above).  I'm not so sure that many people need that feature.