Re: doubling of information in description

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 04:31:17 GMT
The doubling has to do with the special processing done by
StoreDescription.

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:59:07PM -0700, Aaron Bazar wrote:
> StoreDescription HTML2 <description> 10000

Here you say store the contents of <description> in the propertyname
"swishdescription".

> PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description

And here you say basically the same thing.

Since StoreDescription and Properties are processed separately (but
both use properties to store the data) you end up storing the data
twice.

The StoreDescription feature was added at one point.  But, you can
basically do the same thing with just properties.  The exception is
that you can add StoreDescription settings specific to a given parser
(that's the HTML2 in yours above).  I'm not so sure that many people
need that feature.