Re: lucene/plucene

From: Bernhard Weisshuhn <bkw(at)not-real.weisshuhn.de>
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 16:27:50 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:

> Plucene I have only read about; I love Perl, but for performance reasons, I just
> can't imagine using Plucene in any kind of production environment. Hobbyists,
> personal websites, etc., seem fine, but Perl just isn't robust enough, imo, to
> stand up against Lucene (Java) or Swish-e (C).

Jehovah! Jehovah! Let the flames begin!
Whoever mentions the term 'classpath' first, loses!
Whoops, that would be me then :-)

I for one happen to know quite a few hardcore mission critical perl
applications running at telcos and also some very unstable J2EE
applications (yes, also vice-versa...)

More interesting: Did anybody benchmark a plucene-application against
swish-e recently?

cheers,
bkw

to a plain text message.