From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan(at)>
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 14:36:16 GMT
At the risk to starting a religious war, what do folk here think of

My favorite indexer is swish-e. Quick. Easy. Well documented. Feature
rich. Comes with a Perl API as well as API's for other languages. The
query syntax is straight forward.

As the amount of content I plan to index increases I begin to need an
incremental indexing feature. I also need multi-byte character
indexing. Lucene/Plucene offer these features at the expense of greater
complexity. Lucene/Plucene is 100% a toolbox, no application. It does
not index files, but rather data structures. This means I can not point
it to file system and have it automatically extract the meta data,
content, etc.

What experience do others here in Swish-E World have with

Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department
University Libraries of Notre Dame

(574) 631-8604