Re: Swish-e

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 06:18:28 GMT
hi Bill and all,

I found at least two points -
the first is encoding - only the old parser allows me to index iso
8859-2 and Windows 1250 documents (in other words, something besides iso

the second reason is compilation - I have found that I could not compile
swish on some hosts (ie. shared webhosting, where there is no libxml2).
The old parser may be good for people who don't have control over their

BUT - as Peter Karman wrote (and I believe the statically
built binaries can be copied to some other place - I tried it), this
reason seems to be unimportant

encoding still matters

best regards