Re: Swish-e

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 06:18:28 GMT
hi Bill and all,

I found at least two points -
the first is encoding - only the old parser allows me to index iso
8859-2 and Windows 1250 documents (in other words, something besides iso
8859-1)

the second reason is compilation - I have found that I could not compile
swish on some hosts (ie. shared webhosting, where there is no libxml2).
The old parser may be good for people who don't have control over their
servers.

BUT - as Peter Karman wrote buildswish.pl (and I believe the statically
built binaries can be copied to some other place - I tried it), this
reason seems to be unimportant

encoding still matters

best regards
roman