Re: Swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 02:01:41 GMT
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 04:11:37PM -0700, Dave Seff wrote:
> As far as the file types, that is more of a question for the swish-e
> folks. I only attach to swish-e indexes, swishd does not do the actual
> indexing.

No, we don't claim to be able to index 125 file types.  I bet we
could get up there too, if we were as creative as:

  http://www.isys-search.com/products/formats.html

Cool, they index HTTP documents!  ASCII Source Code *plus*
ASCII Text.

Do note that Swish does not index anything besides 8859-1 charset, so
that may be another significant difference between swish and ISYS you
should be aware of.

Why do you want to switch from using ISYS?