Re: search in xml files.

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 18:10:10 GMT
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:53:39AM -0700, dasoso@alumni.uv.es wrote:
>     Adding:[1:book(10)]   'tomy'   Pos:3  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )
>     Adding:[1:title(11)]   'tomy'   Pos:3  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )
>     Adding:[1:book(10)]   'sawyer'   Pos:4  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )
>     Adding:[1:title(11)]   'sawyer'   Pos:4  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )

> swish-e-2.4.3> swish-e -w "tomy"
> # SWISH format: 2.4.3
> # Search words: tomy
> # Removed stopwords:
> # Number of hits: 1
> # Search time: 0.001 seconds
> # Run time: 0.024 seconds
> 1000 /h...a/1.html "1.html" 41
>

>  So I would like that the second search returns me the 1.html,
> 1.xml and 2.xml files. Any idea?

You mean other than what I posted before?

tomy is indexed under book and title.  Not swishdefault.  So:

   -w tomy

which is the same as

  -w swishdefault=tomy

won't find those.

swishdefault is not special in any way -- it's not some kind of
wildcard that searches every and any place.  Data is indexed in
fields/columns -- so you have to ask it to search in the right place.

This won't work either:

   select * from address where city = apples and fruit = "New York"

Have you ever posted your swish config file?  Do you have
UndefinedMetaNames auto?  If so, are you sure you want that?