Re: Swish and MacOS-X 10.3

From: Thomas Nyman <thomas(at)not-real.teg.pp.se>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 09:41:29 GMT
Hi and thanks for your previous help. doc files work fine now..but I am
having a small issue with xml.

I'm havin some trouble with swish-e and xml files - in particular open
office files. I can index them and receive hits on certain words in the
documents, but not all words. I also have a small error when running
swish namely

"ootest2.sxw:2: warning: Error '6' converting internal UTF-8 to Latin-1.
</text:p><text:p text:style-name="Standard"/><text:p
text:style-name="Standard">"

I believe that perhaps this is an issue concerning libxml2. I am
however unclear if libxml2 is installed on macos-x originally or if I
have to download it.

When i run a locate i can see that libxml2-2.6.7 seems to be installed
in /usr/include

I installed swish-e in /usr/local/

I'm thinking it could be one of two problems perhaps
1) i need another version of libxml2
2) swish-e could not find libxml2 during compilation.

If its issue 2 I guess that could solved by doing some sort of path
export .. allthough I'm not quite sure what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my swish.config contains with concern to xml the following

IndexContents XML* .xml .sxw
StoreDescription XML <text:p> 20000
FileFilterMatch "/usr/bin/unzip" "-p \"%p\" content.xml"
/\.(sxw|sxc|sxg)$/i

and I am running swish-e version 2.4.0