Re: search in xml files.

From: <dasoso(at)not-real.alumni.uv.es>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 17:08:36 GMT

> Yes.  Unless you tell it to do otherwise with a MetaName setting in
> your config file.
>
> Keep in mind that
>
>     -w Tom
>
> is just a shortcut for
>
>     -w swishdefault=Tom
>
> So, it's not much different than saying:
>
>     -w book=Tom
>
> Do you have swish installed?  You can often use the "-T indexed_words"
> to get answers to your questions.

   Ok Bill, but I was talking about .xml files. -w Tom works perfectly
with html files but doesn't return de xml files where appears the word.

For example:

more *.*
::::::::::::::
1.html
::::::::::::::
Tomy Sawyer
::::::::::::::
1.xml
::::::::::::::

<book>
   <title> Tomy Sawyer </title>
</book>
::::::::::::::
2.xml
::::::::::::::
<person>
    <name> Tomy Smith </name>
</person>

swish-e-2.4.3> swish-e -w Sawyer
# SWISH format: 2.4.3
# Search words: Sawyer
# Removed stopwords:
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.002 seconds
# Run time: 0.025 seconds
1000 /home/.../1.html "1.html" 41

    Only returns the html files where appears Sawyer, I would like to
know the xml that have the word Sawyer. I know I can do it with -T
index_words_full, but only for one word. I would like to know too if
swish-e could return, in the example, the 1.html and 1.xml files for
the search:

         swish-e -w "Tomy and Sawyer"

    Currently only returns the 1.html file:
swish-e-2.4.3> swish-e -w "Tomy and Sawyer"
# SWISH format: 2.4.3
# Search words: Tomy and Sawyer
# Removed stopwords:
# Number of hits: 1