Re: memory errors

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 14:39:28 GMT
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 02:22:37AM -0700, ??????????? ?????? wrote:
> I use swishe 2.4.3 with libs from perl.
> In config MinWordLimit 1.
>
> On some search query run from perl I have error:
> 	err: Ran out of memory (could not allocate 262144 more bytes)!
> But when I do this from command line all fine.
>
> I not found some core dumps.
> I think its memory limits in system for users process.
> May be use search from perl require much more memory than use from command line?

Define  "much more".   Sure it uses more memory, perl has to be
loaded and that doesn't come for free.  Is that enough to put you over the
limits imposed on the account?  I can't say.

262,144 bytes doesn't seem like an unreasonable request, so it's not
like swish is confused and asking for gigs of RAM.  Try upping your
memory limits and see if things change.