fhash.c bug?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 03:19:07 GMT
I am using incremental mode with the latest build. I periodically get a hung
while() loop, which I've traced to the fhash.c FHASH_Search() function.

line 192: next is returned as 0.

If indexing a bunch of HTML files, it happens every time on the same file. But
that same file can be indexed just fine on its own. I have repeated it on a
different group of files with the same behaviour.

i.e.: in a group of M files, the Nth file will always hang. But N doesn't seem
to be consistent between groups.

That's about all I can say; the internals of the hash feature are really beyond
me. I only got this far by inserting printf() statements till I could find where
it was hanging.

let me know and I can send along a tar ball of the HTML files.

oh, and this is OS X, gcc 3.3