problem with returned URL?

From: John Young <j.e.young(at)not-real.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 19:02:44 GMT
Hello,

    I am trying to set up Swish-e 2.4.3 on a Solaris box to
use with local copy of the UNIXhelp web pages from the University
of Edinburgh (http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/index.html) on a non-public
web server.  The server is running Apache httpd 2.0.53.

My swish.conf file looks like this:
#
# SWISH configuration file
#

IndexDir         /usr/opt/MSMBweb/htdocs/Edinburgh
IndexFile        /usr/opt/MSMBweb/htdocs/Edinburgh/index.swish
IndexName        "Index of UNIXhelp 1.3"
IndexDescription "This is a full index of UNIXhelp release 1.3."
IndexPointer     "http://msmb.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/unixhelp_search"
IndexAdmin       "webmaster"

IndexOnly .html
IndexReport 3
NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg
IgnoreLimit 70 200
#

I tried indexing the pages by doing:

%  ../cgi-bin/swish-e -i ./Edinburgh -c ./Edinburgh/swish.conf

Which resulted in a great deal of output ending with:
Removing very common words...
  Getting IgnoreLimit stopwords: Complete
13 words removed by IgnoreLimit:
a, gov, by, of, to, larc, the, site, maintained, this, msmb, nasa, help,
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 3,952 words alphabetically
Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
  Writing word text: Complete
  Writing word hash: Complete
  Writing word data: Complete
3,952 unique words indexed.
4 properties sorted.
884 files indexed.  1,307,022 total bytes.  87,710 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:07 CPU time: 00:00:07
Indexing done!

It seems to have worked, and searching for, say, "shell"
produces a reasonable list of pages.  But the generated URLs
are incorrect, e.g. the first result is for

"1. Using the Bourne shell to interpret a shell script"

and the associated URL is

http://msmb.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Edinburgh/scrpt/scrpt1.2.4.html

but it *should* be

http://msmb.larc.nasa.gov/Edinburgh/scrpt/scrpt1.2.4.html.

I cannot figure out why "cgi-bin" is being incorrectly inserted into
the results.  I have searched the documentation on http://swish-e.org
but I still have not found the answer.  Any suggestions?  Is anyone
else on this list using the Edinburgh UNIXhelp pages with Swish-e?

						JY
John E. Young				    B1148/R202
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc.     (757) 864-8659