Re: pdf to ...

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 15:18:40 GMT
Bill Moseley scribbled on 3/4/05 9:06 AM:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:42:37PM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
>
>>I have had more success with the ps2ascii tool from Ghostscript and I wonder
>>what others have found.
>

> Does it depend on Ghostscript being able to correctly render the PDF?

yep. the version I had under RedHat 9 worked when xpdf did not.

> Seems like ps2ascii/ps2text is not under active development so I
> wonder if it has problems with newer pdf docs.

ghostscript is under active development (ghostscript.com) and they have recent
copies of pstotext (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/pstotext.htm) and ps2ascii
available. The latest version of ghostscript claims it handles PDF 1.4 and 1.5
-- only testing will out, eh?