Re: pdf to ...

From: Ander <redna(at)not-real.euskalerria.org>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 07:37:39 GMT
Hi,

I've been using xpdf's pdftotext. I know it's not a perfect conversion, but It isn't as bad as it could be (some tool do it horrible.)
After doing the conversion, I usually run a perl script to correct some frequent mistakes:

- w o r d -> spaces bettwen letters.
- strato- various -> hyphen and space for large word in different lines.

Despite this correction it is not a perfect text but it works for me.

If anyone knows a better tool please post it to the list.

Lortu posta elektronikoa doan >> http://www.euskalerria.org